February 24 – March 31
February 24 – March 31
Offered by the CCHA Family Support Program with the financial support of the province of British Columbia.
Help make this holiday season merry and bright for Cortes kids from low-income families!
Here are two ways to help make the holidays magical:
1. Make a tax deductible donation to the CCHA Holiday Smiles Fund. Donations can be made online, by cheque, or by e-transfer. 100% of your financial donation goes toward holidays gifts for children. Tax receipt for donations $20+. See details below.
2. Nominate a family (your family, your friend, your neighbour). Nominations are made anonymously through an online form. Confidentiality and anonymity are carefully guarded. Parents choose how to present the gifts to their children. Just fill out the form below!
Donate securely online https://www.canadahelps.org/en/dn/20314
Choose Holiday Smile for Cortes Kids from the drop-down menu.
Write a cheque to:
Cortes Community Health Association
Note: Holiday Smiles Fund
Send to: Box 59
Manson’s Landing, BC
Send an e-transfer.
Note Holiday Smiles Fund in your message.
Thank you Cortes!
The Vital Connection, Power to Parent with Dayna Davis. Free. Wednesdays, Oct 28 – Dec 16.
This course delivers the best that developmental science has to offer
to the people who matter most in the lives of children – parents and caregivers.
Course content includes:
- video component with Dr. Neufeld followed by discussion with Dayna
- a working model of attachment, applicable to children of all ages
- insight into child development that will inform parenting
- practical support for parents regarding aggression, trauma,
anxiety, oppositionality, discipline, and co-parenting challenges
- knowledge of the vital role of play in children’s emotional health
Wednesdays 7pm – 9pm
Online via Zoom
8 sessions – FREE
October 28 – December 16
By registration only, registration form is below.
Quadra School PAC
Cortes Family Support Program
Dayna Davis. B.Ed, Certified Neufeld Facilitator has 30 years experience working with children as a parent, and teacher in Waldorf, public school classrooms, homeschool and alternate school settings. She lives on Cortes Island and is a teacher at Cortes Island School.
The Neufeld Institute was founded by Dr. Gordon Neufeld, author of Hold On to Your Kids. Neufeld’s work is a synthesis of psychology, child development, attachment theory, neurological research and 40 years of clinical practice.
We are grateful to be living and offering these programs in the ancestral and unceded territories of the Klahoose, Tla'amin, and Homalco nations.