There are a number of programs available for low-income families, here are some which may serve your needs. The Family Support Coordinator is available to help you print and/or complete the following forms, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dental – Children are eligible for $1400 of basic dental services every two years.
- Optical – Children are eligible for prescription eyeglasses (lenses and basic frames) once in a twelve-month period. Children’s eye examinations are covered by MSP.
The Rental Assistance Program provides eligible low-income, working families with cash assistance to help with their monthly rent payments.
To qualify, families must have a gross household income of $35,000 or less, have at least one dependent child, and have been employed at some point over the last year.
- Child Care Subsidy is a monthly payment to assist eligible British Columbia families with the cost of child care.
- The Children’s Health Foundation Bear Essentials Program has partnered with the CCHA to help families cover unexpected or extraordinary expenses related to their child’s health and special needs when their resources are inadequate to cover them, and other community resources cannot be mobilized.
Cortes Island Food Bank
- We have a small locally operated food bank on island. To request a food box please contact the Family Support Coordinator at email@example.com.